Here's what the US Chamber is fighting for, and how you can learn more:
- Changes should be permanent to ensure certainty for businesses striving to expand, create jobs, and remain competitive in the United States and abroad.
- Congress should enact simple, predictable, and easy to understand tax rules to improve compliance and reduce the cost of tax administration.
- Tax reform legislation should ensure industry-specific neutrality and avoid special tax benefits or penalties targeted to one industry versus another. Tax reform should allow the marketplace, not the tax system, to allocate capital and resources.
- Tax reform legislation to lower the tax rates to a level that will enable U.S. businesses to compete successfully in the global economy, attract foreign investment to the United States, increase capital for investment, and drive job creation in the United States.
- In addition to reducing tax rates, tax reform should allow for faster cost recovery so businesses can put money back into their pockets more quickly.
- Comprehensive tax reform should include realistic transition rules to provide adequate time for implementation and help minimize economic hardships businesses may encounter in transitioning to the new tax system.
Get regular updates on our fight delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up today for FREE!
Small Business Nation is a project of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, founded specifically to help startups and small businesses succeed. We're dedicated to ensuring that regulations don’t impose an unnecessary burden on business owners or stifle economic growth and job creation. Our nationally recognized team of lobbyists and policy experts will fight for your interests every day on Capitol Hill, in the courts, before the White House, and in federal regulatory agencies.