American businesses and workers have struggled for far too long with a tax code that is outdated and hinders prosperity.
It's time for a change. You can make a difference–help the U.S. Chamber of Commerce fight for common-sense Tax Reform. Together, we can fix the antiquated tax system that puts businesses like yours at a disadvantage in today’s global economy.
Small Business Nation is a project of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, founded specifically to help startups and small businesses succeed. We're dedicated to ensuring that regulations don’t impose an unnecessary burden on business owners or stifle economic growth and job creation. Our nationally recognized team of lobbyists and policy experts will fight for your interests every day on Capitol Hill, in the courts, before the White House, and in federal regulatory agencies.
What are we fighting for?
- ●Tax reform legislation to lower the tax rates on all businesses to a level that will enable U.S. businesses to compete successfully in the global economy, attract foreign investment to the United States, increase capital for investment, and drive job creation in the United States.
- In addition to reducing tax rates, tax reform should allow for faster cost recovery so businesses can put money back into their pockets more quickly.
- In the international arena, the current worldwide tax system should be replaced with a territorial system for the taxation of income earned globally to enable U.S. businesses to compete successfully in the global economy, as well as domestically against foreign firms, and to promote economic growth domestically.
- Changes should be permanent to ensure certainty for businesses striving to expand, create jobs, and remain competitive in the United States and abroad.
- Congress should enact simple, predictable and easy to understand tax rules to improve compliance and reduce the cost of tax administration.
- Tax reform legislation should ensure industry-specific neutrality and avoid special tax benefits or penalties targeted to one industry versus another. Tax reform should allow the marketplace, not the tax system, to allocate capital and resources.
- Comprehensive tax reform should include realistic transition rules to provide adequate time for implementation and help minimize economic hardships businesses may encounter in transitioning to the new tax system.
- Access to SBN toolkits, webinars, and our resource library
- Subscription to our weekly email newsletter, The Startup Rundown
- Discounts with FedEx shipping
- Discounts on leading Chamber publications and events
- Access to U.S. Chamber of Commerce web sticker and window decal
Your contribution is an investment in:
- Seizing this once-in-a-generation opportunity to overhaul our tax code so it promotes dynamic economic growth
- Advocating for significant rate reductions for corporations and pass-through entities
- Allowing the expensing of capital purchases
- Establishing an internationally competitive system for taxing foreign earnings
- Tax code simplification
We have strength in numbers. Every single dollar makes a difference.
Membership is just $250 per year.
Or you can call toll free 800-638-6582
Contributions to the U.S. Chamber are not tax deductible as a charitable contribution. For 2017, 25% of contributions relates to lobbying and is not tax deductible as a business expense; 75% may be deductible as a business expense. The U.S. Chamber does not solicit or accept funds earmarked for political purposes.