At 35%, the U.S. has the highest corporate tax rate in the world
It's time for a change. Take action today by adding your company to Small Business Nation, the nation’s largest coalition fighting to fix the antiquated tax system that puts small businesses like yours at a disadvantage in today’s global economy.
Small Business Nation is a project of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, founded specifically to help startups and small businesses succeed. There is strength in numbers. The more of us that speak as one, the more lawmakers must listen.
MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD
WHAT ARE WE FIGHTING FOR?
Tax reform legislation to lower the tax rates on all businesses to a level that will enable U.S. businesses to compete successfully in the global economy, attract foreign investment to the United States, increase capital for investment, and drive job creation in the United States.
In addition to reducing tax rates, tax reform should allow for faster cost recovery so businesses can put money back into their pockets more quickly.
In the international arena, the current worldwide tax system should be replaced with a territorial system for the taxation of income earned globally to enable U.S. businesses to compete successfully in the global economy, as well as domestically against foreign firms, and to promote economic growth domestically.
Changes should be permanent to ensure certainty for businesses striving to expand, create jobs, and remain competitive in the United States and abroad.
Congress should enact simple, predictable and easy to understand tax rules to improve compliance and reduce the cost of tax administration.
Tax reform legislation should ensure industry-specific neutrality and avoid special tax benefits or penalties targeted to one industry versus another. Tax reform should allow the marketplace, not the tax system, to allocate capital and resources.
- Comprehensive tax reform should include realistic transition rules to provide adequate time for implementation and help minimize economic hardships businesses may encounter in transitioning to the new tax system.
It's free! Members also receive:
- Free resources including our Guides to Business Credit Scores, Google Analytics, Digital Advertising, and more
- The Startup Rundown, our email newsletter with updates on important economic, political, and regulatory issues
- Access to our curated library of business tips and advice from some of the leading experts in the field
- Exclusive access to webinars from small business leaders